Finished reading Pefect Rigor by Masha Gesson. Here are the new things I learnt from the book.
- Jews were discriminated in erstwhile CCCP.
- IMO students were forced to do physical training and read beyond Mathematics thanks to Andrey Kolmogorov. Who apparently was openly gay.
- Grigory Perelmen had some good reasons to not accept Fields medal and Clay institutes millennium awards.
- Author has the most pessimistic facial expressions. Reminds me of Jerry Sienfeld’s girlfriend in one of the episodes.
- Whole book is written from second/third hand interviews.
- Who needs stupid Fields medal or million dollar from Clay institute when you can bend the
friggingtime-space curves on its head and be master of universe. (no seriously).